Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Childrens Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at Spartan Martial Arts



I have been working with Tom Schmitz for a little over a year now and just love the atmosphere at Spartan Martial Arts. I really enjoy the training and work out that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brings to me.  It's a martial art that really improves understanding of how the body works and how to use it to your advantage. 
Last week I was a little early for class so I walked in, not thinking too much of it.  Little did I know that Tom, the instructor, had started a children's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class for 7-13 years of age.  I sat down and started watching Tom teach the class.  He had the kids doing different exercises, games and technical drills that really keep their attention.  I thought having a childrens BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) class was a great idea because it isn’t a striking style art, it’s a grappling-based martial art and that makes it great for kids!  The class was only about 45 min and Tom had the kids exercising, laughing and learning the entire time.  The parents were also really enjoying themselves watching their young ones having fun!
I'd say the kids class at Spartan Martial Arts is a really cool class and wish I would've had the opportunity to attend something like it growing up!



GymSMA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment